Leveraging data-driven network inventory wizard to arrest 90% of errors
Service providers in the Connectedness industry manage inventory data, consisting of their assets and services that are critical to their operations. These assets grow every day, making them difficult to manage. In general, the service providers manually register their inventories once their capacity management team forecasts and decides to expand the network. Hence, building an efficient inventory management system with an intelligent User Interface (UI) becomes important to guide the users in the registration process. The lack of such intelligent registration tools will hinder the ability to plan optimized networks resulting in delayed service, poor customer satisfaction, and loss of revenue.
Some of the key factors that lead to inventory data issues are
- Manual registration of assets and services in the OSS inventory
- Duplication of records due to lack of efficient validation tools
- Multiple siloed inventories
To overcome the above-mentioned issues, service providers need to Introduce a data-driven inventory wizard with business rules to improve the registration quality and arrest the errors at the source, thereby maintaining a high quality of data in OSS inventory.,/p>
With a data-driven inventory wizard in place, service providers can realize major benefits in data integrity of inventory, such as:
- Timesaving: Improves manual registration time by 87.5%.
- Accuracy in data: Registration accuracy on an average improves from 70.5% to 98%.
- Reduced efforts: Reduces manual data entry by 65% and the rework to be done due to errors during manual registration
Regardless of the tools or technologies used to tackle data integrity issues, discrepancies still happen. This issue must be fixed during the manual registration process to have a high-quality inventory data.
Fig: Key Capabilities to be built on data-driven inventory wizard