About the Customer
The customer is a leading provider of voice and data communications (broadband, VoIP, MPLS) and managed services to enterprises, and wanted to expedite the provision & activation lead time of E-Line and E-Access services falling under carrier Ethernet wholesale product portfolio.
The Business Challenge
- Higher lead time to provision E-Line and E-Access services due to multiple vendors and complexity.
- Enhanced customer experience – by providing appropriate info and options to enterprise customers.
- Optimizing OPEX by reducing complexity due to multi-vendor domains.
- Path optimization, thus improving resource utilization.
- Features like bandwidth on demand and dynamic interconnect/failover required.
- Prodapt in partnership with Ciena, developed and integrated resource adapters (RAs) on Ciena’s Blue Planet platform.
- RA onboards and integrates with SDN controllers and EMS of all the carrier Ethernet vendors in customer’s network – Ciena’s OneControl & Planet Operate, Coriant’s TNMS & Transcend, and Infinera Xceed.
- TOSCA template based development of RA both on staging and production environment.
- Agile & DevOps based development methodology incorporated.
- End-to-end testing of E-Line and E-Access services on staging environment.
- Integration with self-service portal for enterprise customers.
The Business Impact
- Seamless activation & provisioning of carrier Ethernet services across venders.
- Enhanced customer experience.
- Orchestration across multiple technologies and vendor domains.
- Sustainable and scalable service rollout to wholesale customers.
- Continuous development, testing & integration mechanism in place.
- Ease of resource onboarding.