Improving DSPs Broadband Service Qualification Coverage by 41% using Unified Serviceability Framework
Digital Service Providers’ (DSPs’) broadband service qualification has become cumbersome and time-consuming. The ineffective service qualification process is causing 30-40% of the new customers to experience unserviceability and 20-30% of existing subscribers not able to avail full-service offerings. These further impact DSPs’ business in the form of reduced customer acquisition, customer churn, and lost opportunities to upsell.
The poor quality of survey data affects customer qualification, customer onboarding, customer experience which creates a negative impact on DSP’s service offerings, and high chances of customer churn. Irrespective of various technologies such as copper, fiber, cable, IPTV, and fixed wireless, etc. the problem could be due to weak linkage between the network inventory and physical address inventory. The major factors contributing to ineffective service qualification includes –
- Non-standardized address and service repository – less probability for getting serviced
- Lack of support for multi-technologies (e.g.) Copper, Fiber, IPTV, Cable, Fixed Wireless
- Lack of agility to accommodate real-time customer needs – static qualification and feasibility check
- Having a lot of cross-boundary issues – less potential growth across competitors’ geographic area
- Inaccurate measurement of loop length – results in reduced service offering
This insight elaborates on a new recommended approach for DSPs to achieve improved serviceability by using the unified serviceability framework. Multiple enablers from the recommended framework could be used to build an effective and efficient strategy during each stage of implementation.
Fig: Online service availability request and response workflow
Implementing the unified serviceability framework as explained in the workflow, the qualification coverage increases, and overall serviceability improves by up to 41%. Other major benefits for DSPs include improved customer experience, customer retention, and the ability to sell full-service offerings.
- Srinivas B
- Vijayan B
- Mogan A B
Click on the “Download” tab to get your free copy of this insight.