About the Customer
The customer is a leading wireless operator in South Africa. The customer wanted to leverage technology to help a game reserve safeguard animals, such as the rhinoceros.
The Business Challenge
- Tracking of the location of rhinoceroses at any time
- Map view of the current location of animals
- Learning whether animals are in safe zone or not
- Protection of animals from being poached
- Real-time animal proximity alerts to vehicle drivers and rangers
- Accurate tracking of rhinoceroses in the game reserve
- Leverages IoT devices, sensors and frameworks
- Sensors interact with LoRA modules, IBM’s cloud processes, email systems, push notifications, etc.
The Business Impact
- GPS trackers tied to the animals ensure their safety by pushing data to nearby LoRA modules continuously.
- Efficient data processing is enabled using IBM’s cloud processes and Prodapt’s middleware.
- The locations of all animals in an area are provided on a map.
- Vehicles mounted with GPS devices enable rangers to track animals in real time.
- Easy marking of danger and safe zones for animals ensure their safety.