Efficient order lifecycle management is crucial to any operator who is trying to remain profitable in today’s highly competitive...
About the Customer
The customer is leading provider of voice, data communication & managed services and is exploring SDN-NFV based orchestration capabilities to expedite lead time for service provisioning & rollout of enterprise wholesale services such as optical wave, carrier Ethernet, and MPLS/VPN.
The Business Challenge
- Multiple network domain silos resulting in higher lead time for service provisioning and rollout.
- User experience for the enterprise customer has to be enhanced.
- Integration of disparate network domains such as MPLS, OTN, DWDM and Ethernet for end-to-end orchestration of the network.
- Optimize CAPEX/OPEX in the long run.
- Designed an end-to-end solution for implementation and integration of SDN orchestration and network domains.
- Implementation of Ciena Blue Planet Multi-Domain Service Orchestrator (MDSO) for management & orchestration.
- Development of TOSCA service templates-based resource adapters to onboard multi-vendor domains comprising Cisco, Juniper, Coriant, and Infinera.
- Northbound integration of self-service portal and order management systems.
- Agile methodology of software development, integration & testing using DevOps.
The Business Impact
- Significant acceleration in order-quote-provision cycle from 45 days to a few minutes for wholesale services.
- Reduced time to market.
- Seamless interoperability among multiple heterogeneous vendor ecosystems.
- Enhanced service agility and network scalability.