About the Customer
The customer is a leading provider of voice and data communications (Broadband, VoIP, MPLS) and managed services to enterprises, and wanted to expedite the provision & activation lead time of E-LINE and E-ACCESS services falling under carrier Ethernet wholesale product portfolio.
The Business Challenge
- Higher lead time to provision E-LINE and E-ACCESS services due to multiple vendors and complexity
- Enhance customer experience – by providing appropriate info and options to enterprise customer
- Optimizing OPEX by reducing complexity due to multi-vendor domains
- Path optimization, thus improving resource utilization
- Features like bandwidth on demand and dynamic interconnect / failover required
- Prodapt in partnership with Ciena, developed and integrated resource adapters (RAs) on Ciena’s BluePlanet platform
- RA onboards and integrates with SDN controllers and EMS of all the carrier Ethernet vendors in customer’s network – Ciena’s OneControl & Planet Operate, Coriant’s TNMS &Transcend, Infinera Xceed.
- TOSCA template based development of RA both on staging and production environment
- Agile & DevOps based development methodology incorporated
- End-to-end testing of E-LINE and E-ACCESS service on staging environment.
- Integration with self-service portal for enterprise customers
The Business Impact
- Seamless activation & provisioning of carrier Ethernet services across venders
- Enhanced customer experience
- Orchestration across multiple technologies and vendor domains
- Sustainable and scalable service rollout to wholesale customers
- Continuous development, testing & integration mechanism in place
- Ease of resource onboarding