Customer is a leading supplier of wholesale MVNE services to Mobile Network Operators.They build and operate core mobile networks and support systems. And they provide solutions for MVNE business processes, technology, and systems for mobile operators, MVNOs, and machine-to-machine (M2M) players. The company also provides outsourced solutions for business critical services in prepaid, postpaid, M2M, and hybrid models; and interfaces that reflect the MVNO’s need for brand management, tariffs, reporting, and channel management.
Our client partnered with Prodapt to provide end-to-end network rollout validation testing for one of their MVNO clients based out of US. Our client’s customer wanted to roll out next-generation network to expand and capitalize on the new services for growing subscribers’ demand that can adapt to changing technology need in the future. Prodapt’s long term proven track record of successfully providing network roll-out testing services to operators and deep knowledge of OSS and BSS systems helped our client perform system testing and network testing during network roll out phase
- Documentation on network and systems was not clear.
- Interactions with onsite teams were quite challenging and demanding
due to multiple time zones – CET, PST & EST.
The entire project was executed with a team of over 20 testing & QA engineers
distributed geographically across India, US and Europe.
The testing activities were divided into Network Testing and Application Testing that included:
- Network Systems – Call control system for Voice, MMS, SMS, USSD& data
- IT Systems – Provisioning, Number Porting, Mediation, Wholesale Billing, Invoices, Reporting, Taxation, Accounting etc.
- End-to-end – Subscriber activation to Wholesale invoices and reports
The initial phase involved extensive customer interaction that involved discussing and agreeing on QA scope, performing test coverage definition, test strategy, testcase documentation, integration and QA sign-off. The team worked in different time zones during critical phases of the project and deployed onsite engineers to cover different time zones.Prodapt’s project lead worked in tandem with the customer’s coordinator onsite for all communication related to the project.
The team started the testing process by developing a comprehensive plan to test the general functionality of different systems – Networks & IT. The offshore team was focusing on test planning through test execution.
Some of the tasks that were involved are:
- Validated the Fulfillment and Assurance service orders via the provisioning interface
- Validated the Number Portability process based on the particular location
- Network Integration of different network elements into the client’s MVNE platform – Oracle NCC, Jinny Message Route
- Validated the business rules identified by Business via the CRM, Web self-care interface
- Validated the mediation process according to the defined scope.
- Developed high level / low level test plans.
- Performed risk-based test case analysis to optimize the number of test cases executed.
- Performed integration testing, performance testing to satisfy business acceptance requirements.
- Performed regression and sanity tests with tight deadline were executed successfully for new builds.
- Collaborative integration testing of multi-vendor systems like Oracle, JINNY, F5 Networks was performed successfully.
- Provided functional test planning & test execution
- Documentation of Test requirements, cases, plans, scripts, results and fault reports
- Performed Root cause analysis for all functionality issues
- Bugs reporting andDefect management
- Production testing of multi-MVNOs on a single MVNE platform
- Over 1800 test cases were written, reviewed, accepted and tested
- 600 defects / bugs were identified and resolved.
The team followed best practices for testing and project methodology that comprised of Metrics-driven testing, standardized documentation of test ware, Effective system reviews and Optimum usage of automation techniques.
Our testing framework is based on well-defined industry approaches, ensuring the highest level of quality at each step and maximize re-use and reduce cycle time. Our testing methodologies allowed us to execute consistent repeatable testing processes resulting in better quality & efficiency.
- Ensured high quality and customer satisfaction.
- Quicker rollout of network, faster time to marketfor MVNO’s services.
- Achieved targeted network efficiency
- Reduced test cycle time by 70%
- Oracle Communication Network Charging and control