About the Customer
The customer is a major US emergency service provider controlling the 9-1-1 service to US as well as global citizens for more than 30 years. The end customers include US wire-line, wireless, VoIP carriers, municipalities, and over 3000 public agencies.
The Business Challenge
- Effective prevention of derailments
- Reduction of oil spills on railroad transportation of crude oils
- Alerts to first responders depending on material carried
- Public safety answering points (PSAPs) and State Emergency Response Commissions (SERCs) need to know the schedule, load, and location
- Flawless communication between PSAPs and first responders
Synapt’s team developed the end-to-end Connected Railroad solution that sends alerts along with preventive measures to first responders, departments in charge. It makes use of several sensors, including accelerometers, gyroscope, seal lid openers, and motion sensors.
The Business Impact
- Regular notifications with shipment information to rail carriers, departments in charge, and county officials
- Effective prevention of derailment
- Full-fledged dashboard with infrastructure, weather, and shipment information with GIS data