About the Customer
The customer is one of the world’s largest communications service providers serving millions of customers in the US. The key business areas of the customer include wireless communication, voice, messaging, and broadband. The customer roped in Synapt to develop a smart solution for a US law enforcement agency.
The Business Challenge
- Mobile/web app for location tracking of police officers
- Automatic alerts to supervisors based on gestures & actions in case of emergency
- Live streaming of crime scene to supervisors
- Automatic dispatch of backup to crime scenes
- Historical and real-time tracking of police officers’ vehicles
Synapt’s solution made use of high-speed wireless network and a variety of sensors, including motion sensors, gun-lift sensors, body-worn cameras, etc.
These sensors were seamlessly integrated with Synapt’s IoT products, Gateway Enablement Framework, IoT Middleware Platform, Service Management Framework, and Data Analytics Framework, in order to deliver the desired benefits.
In addition, Synapt developed a mobile app targeting police officers that works with an integrated OBD II GPS device to provide the exact location of each officer on a mobile map.
The Business Impact
The return on investment for the stakeholders are:
- Officer paperwork automation
- Improved officer response time
- Accurate data reduces manual errors
- Command and control view—quicker, better perimeter control for conflict resolution
- Cost saving due to fewer vehicle crashes
- Body camera impact – Lawsuit avoidance costs
- No upfront investment
- Easy to extend to other police departments in the US