About the Customer
The customer is leading provider of voice, data communication & managed services and is exploring SDN-NFV based orchestration capabilities to expedite lead time for service provisioning & rollout of enterprise wholesale services such as optical wave, carrier Ethernet, and MPLS/VPN.
The Business Challenge
- Multiple network domain silos resulting in higher lead time for service provisioning and rollout.
- User experience for the enterprise customer has to be enhanced.
- Integration of disparate network domains such as MPLS, OTN, DWDM and Ethernet for end-to-end orchestration of the network.
- Optimize CAPEX/OPEX in the long run.
- Designed an end-to-end solution for implementation and integration of SDN orchestration and network domains.
- Implementation of Ciena Blue Planet Multi-Domain Service Orchestrator (MDSO) for management & orchestration.
- Development of TOSCA service templates-based resource adapters to onboard multi-vendor domains comprising Cisco, Juniper, Coriant, and Infinera.
- Northbound integration of self-service portal and order management systems.
- Agile methodology of software development, integration & testing using DevOps.
The Business Impact
- Significant acceleration in order-quote-provision cycle from 45 days to a few minutes for wholesale services.
- Reduced time to market.
- Seamless interoperability among multiple heterogeneous vendor ecosystems.
- Enhanced service agility and network scalability.