Although relationship is important, delivery is key. Prodapt delivered...
Position Title : Principal Engineer/Architect – Cloud DVR (Architect)
Position Type : Principal Engineer/Architect – Cloud DVR
Experience (in years) : 10+ yrs
Principal Engineer/Architect – Cloud DVR (Architect)
This role is for an Architect (senior level candidate), with OSS/Cable background, and strong cloud infra experience (not developers) who can play leadership roles driving overall technology/design solutioning. Candidates should have experience in playing architect roles in Cable/Telecom sector.
- 10+ yrs related experience
- Telecommunication or Cable background needed
- Thorough understanding of software engineering and object oriented design principles
- Strong and current development experience in Java and web technologies
- Ability to take ownership and make technical decisions on software development projects
- Experience with dependency management and continuous integration testing tools
- Strong experience in architecting large software systems
- Strong experience in the operational nature of a deployed software system
- Understanding of RESTful design principals
- Agile experience
- Experience with AWS, micro services.
- Able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Hands on approach
- Highly knowledgeable on latest technology and industry trends
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Directs and guides team towards an ideal balance of innovation and reliability on the latest technologies, industry trends.
- Evaluates, in conjunction with all levels of leadership, third party software solutions, code architecture, technical operations, strategic planning of releases, network operations, dispatch, and new product development and deployment.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Reviews system designs.
- Mentors and guides the work of senior technical staff.
- Leads development of APIs for use by various internal and external stakeholders.
- Designs, develops and implement software proposals; identify and suggest viable options.
- Estimates scope of work.
- Creates project documentation as requested.
- Implements designs, execute project deliverables and follow through with project managers and product owners.
- Provides technical leadership and innovation on software projects through all phases of a development lifecycle.