Although relationship is important, delivery is key. Prodapt delivered...
Position Title : Principal Engineer/Architect (Dev & Ops)
Position Type : Principal Engineer/Architect – Development & Operations
Experience (in years) : 10+ yrs
Principal Engineer/Architect – Development & Operations
This role is for an Architect (senior level candidate), with OSS/Cable background, and strong cloud infra experience (not devops engineers or developers) who can play leadership roles driving overall technology/design solutioning. Candidates should have experience in playing architect roles in Cable/Telecom sector.
- 10+ yrs related experience
- Experience with virtual environments (VMWare, Amazon AMIs, Kubernetes & Docker Containers)
- Java programming language.
- Must have strong hands on experience in relational and non-relational databases (Ideally NoSQL based systems like Cassandra/MongoDB)
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to provide effective, results oriented direction
- Agile experience working on Scrum and Kanban
- Strong technical foundation, a proven track record in delivering high quality work
- Experience with public and private cloud infrastructure
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services), Tomcat and Linux environments
- Prior Cable / Television industry experience with Video Engineering software and Set-Top Box technologies is a plus.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Aware of latest developments and trends in Cloud technologies, Devops tools/processes
- Technical leadership skills with proven ability to provide effective, results oriented direction
- Design, manage and guide change for software tools, upgrades, patch deployment, etc… in our softeware deployment and development environments.
- Regularly participate in design discussions and contribute to architecture teams as needed.
- Represent Software Development to support Operations in architecture/design phase meetings.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Create and manage Development Operations deliverables such as standards document, run books and MOPs
- Mentors and guides the work of the technical team members
- Reviews the work of the technical team members and suggest improvements
- Provide technical strategy for all areas of Development Operations
- Responsible for compliance with company engineering standards, policies and procedures
- Maintains good relations with peers, team, other organizations and vendors.